Saturday - April 07, 2001
Location: Portland State University Portland Center for Advanced
Technology in room 28
At 10:30 am Daryl called the meeting to order and we proceeded to go
around the room talking/displaying/sharing robotic topics.
- Daryl demonstrated his new three wheel robot platform. He also talked about the process of how he made the pattern/mold for his wheels on his three wheel robot. He shared the new Parallax Catalog http://www.parallaxinc.com He also showed the board he designed using the Stamp II processor. He used the Express PCB software http://www.express.com
- Pete shared the progress on the PARTS mini-sumo contest on May 19, 2001 in the Assembly Hall at OMSI. He has also developed and posted a registration form for the mini-sumo contest on the PARTS web site. http://www.portlandrobotics.org We decided the classes of competition for the mini-sumo contest. There will be two classes of competition; First Timers and Repeat Contenders.
- Eric brought in his book, Robot Builders Bonanza Second Edition by Gordon McComb http://www.robot-oid.com He also brought in the April issue of Nuts & Volts magazine http://www.nutsvolts.com He also showed some electric motors he got from the Electric Gold Mine company.
- Peter ask for help with the Saturday Academy project for the Electric Horse Project. He can be contacted at email@example.com (I have not verified the e-mail address!) or by telephone 503-297-2336 extension 105.
- Dana brought in an H-Bridge that he built from a kit that Pete developed.
- Paul brought in a newspaper article about large mobile robot. (I missed the newspaper and the date!)
- Warren talked about the distribution of the PARTS mini-sumo kits.
- Ron (SRS) talked about the Seattle Robot Clubs Robothon on Saturday April 28, 2001, The Robothon will be at the Seattle Center. There will also be a gathering on Friday night before the Robothon at the Seattle Center. He also demonstrated a robot the will pick up a box and detect the edge of a table.
- Bruce talked about the PSU activities for the opening of the trolley line that passes by PSU. He is envisioning an unofficial mini-sumo contest and a possible lego event.. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org (I have not verified the e-mail address!) or by telephone at 503-725-2915
- Jon shared his plans for his heavy-weight battle bot that he is constructing for a battle bot contest on the last weed end of May 2001 - (I did not get exact date or place????)
- Mark (http://www.medonis.com) brought in some free-bees. He also talked about his battery booster.
- Steven demonstrated a toy robot called Omni that he owns. It was very complete. He also brought a toy called Weebol that was modeled after the one in the movie "The Nutty Professor."
- Stu talked about his battle bot plans. He also demonstrated a LCD screen that he built. He also demonstrated a Radio Shack sound board he purchased. He passed around the model of the award for our mini- sumo contest on May 19, 2001.
- Chris showed his mini-sumo.
- Dane brought in his mini-sumo that he was having problems with and some members offered to help fix after the meeting.
- Kyle brought in and demonstrated a couple of light-weight battle bots that he has built.
At approximately 12:30 pm we adjourned our meeting and went for