Saturday - January 06, 2001
Location: Mt. Hood Community College
Daryl called the meeting to order and we proceeded to go around the
room talking/displaying/sharing robotic topics.
- Bill and Ami demonstrated their robot called Samanthia. Bill brought a Japanese copy of Robocon Magazine http://www.tsukumo.co.jp Bill and Ami also showed us some of his latest mini-sumo class robots.
- Daryl talked about his latest work with speech. For being a good boy, he got a new Tektronix TDS210 oscilloscope for Christmas. He discussed how he built his black wedge mini-sumo.
- Dana showed the parts for his new firefighting robot and a voice module he found at Wacky Willy's.
- Pete talked about the PARTS web site <portlandrobotics.org> and asked for input of design. He then suggested that PARTS hold a robotic contest for the Portland area on May 19, 2001. Place and time to be decided later. He also brought a robotics book - Applied Robotics by Edwin Wise http://www.simreal.com
- Doug talked about speed control on servos.
- Kyle discussed his RC car hack and signetics (can not remember why I wrote that word! -- Can anyone remember why????)
- Justin brought in an RF modem module, a mini line follower, and camera.
- Gabriel again brought in a beautiful Lego creation. This time it was a car that uses the Lego Brick. He talked about where and how he could attach sensors to car.
- Pall brought in a copy of the January issue of Nuts and Volts Magazine.
- Brett Brought in a copy of the book - Placement of Robot GPS.
- John discussed the building of mini-sumo wheels.
- Eric brought in a beam robot.
- Marvin shared with us a Robinventions he got for his son. The web site was http://www.electrowiz.com