Saturday - July 07, 2001
Location: Portland State University Portland Center for Advanced
Technology in room 28
At 10:30 am Daryl called the meeting to order and we proceeded to go
around the room talking/displaying/sharing robotic topics.
- Daryl demonstrated his progress with the "Count-Down" timer. He also brought in his three wheeled bot that has new 40mm wheels. He then when through the instructions to make your own "sticky wheels" and more on this in the furure!
- Eric brought in a two-motor hopper bug that he constructed. He brought in a hacked Polaroid range sensor. his three wheel platform. He brought in a hacked "Flash" unit that may be used a weapon on some bot he is thinking about building. He also shared his "No-Parts" PIC programmer he built.
- Paul shared his work on adapting some MkII bots to play soccer. He reported that the Oregon Lego League has set a date for their lego contest of December 1, 2001 --- More information to follow!
- Fred shared his work on modifying standard CDS cells to detect different colors. He intends to use them to detect a collored ball to play soccer.
- Bruce & Jon showed their pictures of the 2001 Battlebots competition in San Francisco. Lots of pictures with lots of ideas!!!!
- Dan Gates the President of the Southern Oregon Robot Club (SORC) talked about the possibility of having two state wide robotic contests each year.
- Mark shared the "Beyond Human" video that he got. He also demonstrated an ultrasonic video guidance device that he is working on for Maxwell.
- Rick shared his progress in developing a PIC prototyping board. His work can be found at http://www.dontronics.com/rfarmer.html (I can not verify the address!!!!)
- Eric brought in his "Robot Dog" he is working on.
- Steve shared his progress on connecting a bot to his cell telephone.
- Jana shared her plans to develop a bot using a metal VW pedal car body.
- Jon shared his plans to develop a six-way sonic control board from an article he read..
- Dana took the rest of the time to discuss plans/options to organize PARTS as a 501(c)3 Educational Organization. The concusses of the group was that we need to research this further and a group will be organized to report next meeting!
At approximately 1:00 pm we adjourned our meeting and went for