Saturday - June 2, 2001
Location: Portland State University Portland Center for Advanced
Technology in room 28
Daryl called the meeting to order at approximately 10:30am and we proceeded to go around the room talking/displaying/sharing robotic topics.
- Daryl Sandberg - Showed his new and improved Goliath. He also showed the servo he modified with a Hamamatsu Photo Reflector (from http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/c_Sensors.html) to get relative position. He also talked about his "Timer Display"
- Eric - Talked about some rubber wheels he got from Wacky Willy's and about a beam bot he is working on.
- Dana Weesner - Reported the results of the Second Annual Robot Contest. He also held a drawing for the book that Powells Technical Book Store donated.
- Kelvin Weenser - Shared his work at the contest. He aslo shared MKII bot that "HE!!!!!" built.
- Mark - Talked about his search for a 12v computer to power Maxwell. He also shared some "Freebies!"
- Larry - Described how he "hacked" a cordless screwdriver and the control circuit of a servo to create a very powerfull geared motor.
- Paul - Talked about Mini-Sumo soccer.
- Brett - Described programming a PIC 16F877/84
- Warren - Brought in the last three MKII Mini-Sumo kits.
- Edwin - Talked about developing a Saturday Academy class in "Robotics" and called for "Volunteers???"
- Carl - Talked about developing a Mini-Sumo "Obstacle Course!"
- Adrew - Talked about the PSU Flying Robot http://www.psas.pdx.edu the the student robot club was developing.
- Jon - Talked about the "Battlebots" competition the he participated in San Francisco. He will share his pictures at the July meeting!
- Stu - discussed his battlebot plans.
We adjourned our meeting and went for Pizza!!!!!