Regular Meeting Minutes
December 6, 2008, 10:30AM
1. Welcome – Fred Stevens
2. Show and Tell – w/ Introductions
3. December Line Maze Challenge
Line Maze Challenge - Get your maze solving robots ready!
The next line maze challenge will be held during the March 2009 P.A.R.T.S. meeting
No Formal Presentation
Aaron, a recent graduate from OSU, discussing OSU robotics programs. Currently working on high level programming platform to allow robotics for Computer Scientists.
· Linux based embedded systems
· Wireless applications for multiprocessor controls
Generic sensor interface – sensor data
1. Monty Goodson – December Line Maze Challenge
· December Line Maze Challenge – Only 2 participants this month: Jeff Steidl and Monty Goodson
· Line Maze Table Top challenge - Available at every meeting for those who want to test their robots
· When is the next xahllenge? March 2009
Flying Maze Robot – Does it fit
within the rules?
2. Larry Ossowski – Showed his current progress on 2 Line Maze Robots.: a first try and SRS Based Platform.
3. Jeff Steidl – Showed progress on a pololu 3Pi line maze solver robot.
4. Scott Winnard – Keep Portland Weird – PARTS representation. Robots were a big hit.
5. Dirk – Discussed a previous robot built for work. Underwater Research Platform for Deep sea research.
6. FreeGeek.org looking for BEAM robots for a terrarium in their store.
7. Mike – Surplus Gizmos – Raw Ultransonic Sensors, Epson Circuit Boards.
8. Donald Delmar Davis – Mega Mouse, Tincy programmer (Paul). Other AVR USB Products. Branching Arduino for USB Devices.
Dorkbots – http://dorkbotpdx.org/