Portland Area Robotics Society
Regular Meeting Minutes
June 6, 2009, 10:30AM
1. Welcome – Fred Stevens (We are still working to
solidify or Meeting Room with PSU)
2. Show and Tell
3. Lunch at Blondies
Show and Tell
Looking for Used Machine Tool sin
Portland – try Ted’s Tool Shed, affectionately know as Ted’s stolen tools
– Talked about his latest encoder products ( http://www.nubotics.com). Showed us the computer IO
product IO Bridge for computer enable remote control monitoring. For more information see http://www.iobridge.com/.
Larry Ossowski – Brought in his
low budget outdoor robot. Asked the group about further interest in an Outdoor Challenge for the
club in August. The rules would follow
those used in 2008 http://www.portlandrobotics.org/POCrules.html. If there is interest there may even be a Robomagellan type challenge as well.
– Gave a talk at Maker Faire on creative capacity of children
– Building Bike meters – magnetic sensors for stationary bike races. Sunstone Circuits – Value Proto service for
PCB’s as low as $28. https://www.sunstone.com/quoteValueProto.aspx
– Provide a very interesting in depth discussion and demonstration of his Robot
Loki. I did not take any pictures but
here are some links.